There are several steps to this process: you’ll need to convert our .csv format file to the .kml format. You’ll then need to download and install the maps.me app, get some maps and then import the file. Our sincere thanks to Wayne Thomas for providing us with this how-to information.
A. Convert the file from .csv to .kml
One conversion utility is http://www.convertcsv.com/csv-to-kml.htm which lets you include 2 csv fields in the kml description. Select the Comments and URL. If you need more just concatenate whatever you wanted in the spreadsheet first.
B. Download and install Maps.Me
1. With an internet connection download some local state maps.
a. At bottom right corner of app screen click on the three horizontal bar icon to bring up a menu.
b. Click on “Download Maps”
c. It opens a listing of the maps you have already downloaded (now empty)
d. Click on the blue + icon in lower right hand corner to display an alphabetic listing of available maps.
e. Scroll down and click on “United States of America 5.5GB Maps 0 of 154”
f. Select state(s) to download
g. It's best to have a microSD card in your device - the entire US, Canada and Mexico maps used about 8GB.
2. Another way to select maps to download is to go to the worldwide map and keep zooming into a place which you wish to download offline maps for.
It will ask if you wish to download the map for that region. (this is an excellent way to select mapping areas where you do not know the names of the regions you wish to download.)
C. Now to import the Ultimate Campground POI database:
1. Email the .kml to yourself or place in a Dropbox folder accessible on your device. On your device select the attachment or Dropbox folder, tap on the file name and you’ll get a popup asking what app you want to open the file – select Maps.Me. Presto! Maps.Me will open and there are your campgrounds.
2. With so many, you may want to divide them into multiple csv files first, perhaps by campground type and/or category. Then In maps.me you can selectively display each bookmark set.
3. You can turn on/off the map display of a bookmark set by clicking on the bookmark set icon.